Expression of Interest to Undertake Assessment of Local Government Accountability Committees
- Date Advertised: November 9, 2022
- Job Type: Short Consultancy
- Application Deadline: Tuesday November 15, 2022 5:00PM (EAT)
ACODE in partnership with the Uganda Local Governments Association (ULGA) have been implementing the Local Government Councils Scorecard Initiative (LGCSCI) in 35 districts of Uganda. The LGCSCI is a social accountability initiative that enables citizens to demand excellence of their local government leaders and enables local governments to respond effectively and efficiently to these demands.
ACODE seeks to hire district-based researchers who will work under the supervision of ACODE researchers to undertake the assessment of Local Government Accountability Committees (District Service Commission, District Land Board, and District Public Accounts Committee) for the fiscal year 2020/21 in the 35 districts of Moyo, Arua, Nebbi, Amuru, Gulu, Nwoya, Agago, Lira, Apac, Amuria, Soroti, Nakapiripirit, Moroto, Bududa, Mbale, Tororo, Jinja, Kamuli, Kaliro, Mukono, Luwero, Wakiso, Mpigi, Lwengo, Buliisa, Masindi, Hoima, Kabarole, Mbarara, Sheema, Ntungamo, Kanungu, Kabale, Kisoro and Rukungiri.
This assessment will commence on the 21st of November for a period of two weeks. For each district, two researchers will be identified. The following qualifications and expectations will guide the recruitment exercise.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in development work or any Arts subject area (Social Work, Social Sciences, Economics, Community Development, Development Studies etc).
- At least 3 years of experience in development and community work particularly at the local government level.
- Working with a locally based organisation (CSO, NGO, and CBO) in the district of operation will be an added advantage.
- A resident in the district.
- Knowledge and able to speak the local dialect in the district (Knowledge of language is crucial while conducting focused group discussions at Sub-county).
- Demonstrable skills in data analysis and report writing.
Interested candidates should Send email their expression of interest or application letter along with a recent CV to the Project Manager, Local Government Council Scorecard Initiative by Tuesday November 15th 2022. Please indicate your district of preference. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.